Module status: Oledrion

Posted by skenow on 1672103872

I did start going through testing Oledrion on newer versions of ImpressCMS. Here are the first few things I've found

  1. There are characters in the SQL comments and code that are multibyte characters. My local test server is running MySQL 8 by default, and the character set needs to be uft8mb4 and the index lengths need to be adjusted, or the comments need to be removed. If you don't make those changes, the module will not install and give you an error something like:

    Comment for field 'current.1311final_oledrion_products.product_sku' contains an invalid utf8mb3 character string: '\xE9ro'.
    Unable to install oledrion.

    Here is the text from the sql file:

    CREATE TABLE `oledrion_products` (
      `product_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
      `product_cid` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
      `product_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      `product_vendor_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
      `product_sku` varchar(60) NOT NULL COMMENT 'numéro interne du produit',

    If you switch to utf8mb4 to accommodate the multibyte characters, you'll get this error

    Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
    Unable to install oledrion.

    If you then edit the db engine type in the SQL file and changing all the tables to InnoDB (some are MyISAM), the installation completes successfully. I'm not sure how this affects the rest of the performance.
  2. While some of the constants and functions have been updated for ImpressCMS, not all of them have. The highest version you can install this on at the moment is 1.3.11. One that definitely needs to be changed throughout oledrion is xoops_module_header - that doesn't appear in any theme we currently use.

If someone else would like to have a look at this, I've got a couple of other modules I'm focusing on at the moment.



This Post was from: