Re: Will an RC2 be needed before 1.2 finial?

Posted by skenow on 1259899303
Quote:


skenow wrote:
Here is the post to the developers' list last night - I've been offline since then and was unable to follow-up and post here until now.

Quote:


If you haven't guessed, yet, we will be going to RC2 instead of Final,
next. This is because of 2 critical issues discovered after the RC1
release. These are #838 and #842. When critical or blocker issues are found, we need to go through another RC stage.

During this stage, we will also address a few other nagging bugs - #623, #624, #723. Ticket #834 was also opened. In our move towards removing duplicate work, the idea was to remove the duplication of the installation information and make it only available online. Beginning with the next release, we will follow this practice.

Also during this phase, we can address any language constants,
documentation, UI and UX issues.

We cannot prolong this forever, though. Marc-Andre has a possible solution for the wysiwyg editor issues and has already committed changes to IPF for #723. I have already removed the documentation from the core. So, as soon as Marc-Andre commits the fixes for the wysiwyg issues, we are good to go. He has asked to be able to work on this over the weekend and will be ready for a release by Wednesday (2 December). Packages should be ready for testing on Tuesday, along with a draft for the release notice.

We are also doing this to reinforce our practices for moving through the release cycle, no matter who is managing that particular release. It will be up to the release manager to determine dates for releases after all the criteria are met for that phase. We'll spend more time on that later - the discussions on this are in the forums.

Thanks to everyone for what they've done to help make this release a reality!



We have addressed several of these issues - I am waiting for confirmation they have been fixed. I also need to have tickets 849 and 850 examined for their impact on this release. The existing content pages need to be migrated properly and the new Content module must be installed during an upgrade, or fatal errors may occur, along with a broken admin control panel. Once these are addressed and the other tickets closed, we can wrap this up!

Thanks, everyone!

This Post was from: https://www.impresscms.org/iforum/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3832&post_id=34825