We recently discovered some forum posts were displaying fine, while others were displaying the HTML tags instead of using them as markup. On further investigation, I found the individual forums were not all configured identically and some had HTML disallowed, even though the default editor is a rich-text editor.
I did update most of the top-level forums. If you find a forum that hasn't been updated and your post is not rendered properly, please let us know. Some of the old forums aren't active much, and some are not relevant because of our site consolidation (the addons site forum and the wiki forum, for example)
From a new post in an old topic - https://www.impresscms.org/modules/iforum/viewtopic.php?post_id=50656#forumpost50656
Wondering about the options below
At this point, the default is to allow all comments if the module has comments (in icms_version.php). Probably since the base assumption is that ImpressCMS and predecessor were community sites and that would be the most common choice.
Also, all notifications defined in icms_version.php will be enabled by default.
Neither of these are reading anything from the module at the time of install.
However - you could override those options after the module is installed with the install function for the module, which is called at the very end of the process.
How do i disable comments and notifications as default setting of a module preferences
and also set default permission of module when installing the module
is this possible? any example i can refer to ?
As a side note, this thread does not show paragraph tags when I post something new. Strange
Those issues are the same ones that I encountered during my tests. After that, I was investigating webpack, and there you can include files with a specific directive, and it tells webpack to make it a relative path.
Perhaps this kind of functionality should be left to the front-end developers and not taken on by the CMS?
There are minify and combine functions in the core - and currently left unused. Mostly because the resulting file was placed in the cache/ folder and at least one of the js and css files had some specific paths that didn't work when the file was in a different location.
This reduces considerably the loading time (first time at least) of a page. I still have some small issues with the minifying, but I think I have identified the problem.
icms_core_theme_Object does all the work, but the work to be done is defined in /header.php. Just search for ->addScript and ->addStylesheet
include/cp_functions:: icms_cp_header() creates the work for the admin area.
The billboard module needs major updates and it is no longer used on the site at the moment.