Fork me on GitHub
Reply New Topic
2017/10/10 10:11:38
Just popping in

ImpressCMS 4-col themes for dummies (me) - basics and install in 1.3.10

1) are themes PHP in all cases nowadays? if not, someone fiddles with my programmes, they show in PHP ($-signs etc)... I have been able to get them in slightly more readble (for me, user) listings re-showing as source in mozilla. 2) I try iTheme but cannot get CcolL to widen above 170 ( across centerline and narrow'ing the two right cols). Can I get that center left col to grow right? (boot-strap doesnt help me... didn't understand it actually) 3) Is there any 4col theme design where cols can divide like ~ 20 – 40 – 25 – 15 % … with basic traits? (html, not php?) 4) Have U seen that stupid around who kicked Marc-André Lanciaux? 5) can themes now be installed by lever in admin GUI? Is there a wiki /docu for using that? tag /search word? I'm the GNU /GPL supporter, early pirate member and now green party 100% democrate. I have seen you around since 7-9 years or somthi'n. I think you know Greetings!

2017/10/10 17:40:39
Home away from home

Re: ImpressCMS 4-col themes for dummies (me) - basics and install in 1.3.10

The symbols you most likely are seeing are the Smarty variables, which enables dynamic content for your pages. A theme consists of both HTML and PHP, along with JS and CSS. An overview was written some time ago about themes and templates.

If you have an example of the layout you are trying to achieve, I'm sure someone can assist with developing or customizing a theme for you.

Steve Twitter: @skenow Facebook: Steve Kenow

2017/10/11 9:07:33
Just popping in

3) Is there any 4col theme design where cols can divide like ~ 20 – 40 – 25 – 15 % … with basic traits? I have made changes to iTheme layout.html (was it?) .... and have made proper (i hope) arrangements ... but it doesn't take effekt. I saw that there is nice documentation to templates install. godhetsuppdraget.org

2017/10/11 14:16:20
Webmaster

I theme is quite rigid when it comes to the major layout,but I will have a go at it tomorrow too se if I can get the column distribution you want. Another option would be to look at the bootstrap theme. It is basic in the colors and the design, but it is flexible, responsive and mobile ready. I will try both the themes to get them like you asked

Me on Ohloh

2017/10/13 13:56:04
Webmaster

ok, so I didn't get iTheme to work the way I thought it would... I'm looking at a more modern bootstrap-based minimal theme, that can easily be themed further once it is ok.

Me on Ohloh

Reply New Topic extras
 Previous Topic   Next Topic

Account*
Name   Password   

url email imgsrc image php hide code quote
SAMPLE
alignleft aligncenter alignright bold italic underline linethrough   

[more...]
Confirmation Code*
  The code is case-insensitive  Click the image for a new code. | Maximum attempts: 8
You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.