Fork me on GitHub
Reply New Topic
2018/1/12 3:21:57
Just popping in

Modules Contact 1.04

Hello everybody! I have 2 problems Module Contact 1.04 Problem 1 concerns the umlaut problem instead of Ö Ö Ü etc come Ã? Ãœ Ã- Üüö? or Ä Ü Ö in the e-mail in the message text Subject (title): à "Ãœ Ãœ Üüö? description_tarea Ä Ü Ö This does not occur with the other CCenter 1.0 and Formulaire modules. Problem 2 from 25.05.2018 the EU basic data protection regulation (DSGVO) .Link General_Data_Protection lawes is active Unfortunately, even if the website SSL secured is violated the regulation if no legally compliant form of contact form consent Informed consent for an online contact form is available. See examples under point 4 http://www.it-recht-kanzlei.de/online-kontaktformular-einwilligung.html." rel="external">Link Examples In addition, the EU's new e-Privacy Regulation will enter into force on the same day. How can you realize it? This certainly affects some websites in Europe. For tips and tricks I would be grateful as otherwise some users would be satisfied if they would have to change the system. Best regards optimistdd 2 Screenshots in Appendix for Problem 1 Umlaut PC, Smartphone

Attach file:

jpg  Screen-1.jpg (13.77 KB)
2633__169875a5899f942012.jpg 513X273 px

jpg  Screen-2.jpg (54.34 KB)
2633__166675a589a077176b.jpg 1080X1920 px

2018/1/12 5:37:05
Home away from home

Re: Modules Contact 1.04

It looks like a character encoding problem. I'll have a look at the module code tomorrow afternoon. But character encoding can break at many points, so there are a couple of other things to check: * Is your database set to use UTF-8 collation (utf8_general_ci or something like that?). Quite often it comes with latin1_swedish as default, which will mangle non-ASCII characters. * Is the character encoding of your website specified as UTF-8 in the meta/header tags? (Check the head section of the theme). For the legal issue, I am not sure what the problem is. If it is that you a) don't want the message stored in the database or b) want to store the message but do not want to email it, I could probably alter the module for you. But if the problem is that you need the email encrypted during transit, that is currently beyond my experience. I don't think it would be easy.

2018/1/12 6:56:09
Just popping in

Hello thanks for the answer. So I looked again it concerns several persons with different Providern of therefore it seems to me a general problem to be. I've looked at 5 websites and collected the following data. Character set / collation of the MySQL connection Documentation utf8mb4_unicode_ci, utf8_general_ci, depending on the provider Server Character Set: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8) Firefox page information text encoding UTF-8 therefore, everything should be right. Would it be possible to create an additional field with a chekbox before the send button similar to the picture? So the user can confirm that he has read the privacy policy. This procedure is called by German lawyers to be legally compliant from 25.05.2018 optimistdd

Attach file:

png  Screen-3.png (274.52 KB)
2633__9915a58cc377f739.png 1428X678 px

2018/1/12 17:14:52
Home away from home

I think the umlaut problem in subject line is fixed, please download the file below, extract and put in contact module folder (overwrite message.php). Please test. The checkbox should be easy, will look when get back later. https://isengard.biz./message.zip

2018/1/12 17:17:06
Home away from home

I think the umlaut problem in subject line is fixed, please download the file below, extract and put in contact module folder (overwrite message.php). Please test. The checkbox should be easy, will look when get back later. https://isengard.biz./message.zip

2018/1/12 23:49:26
Just popping in

Hello Thanks for your effort. Yes, the subject line works. The Message Text but not yet

2018/1/13 0:50:56
Webmaster

Hi optimistdd,

interesting what German law is requiring for GDPR compliance. I have changed team at my company now, so I am no longer building websites for our government customers, but at the end of last year we did a GDPR assessment for them and our legal department estimated that a simple adaptation tot he privacy policy would be sufficient, if you take into account that you have the necessary procedures in your organisation to handle data breach risks.
I heard yesterday that this was a bit too optimistic , but given that the specific legal texts are still being written in Belgium, I'm not surprised by these kinds of changes.

I hope you and @Madfish are able to solve the encoding issue, those are always very hard to handle. PHP6 didn't happen in large part because they got lost in encoding issues.

Me on Ohloh

2018/1/13 1:01:31
Just popping in

Hi fiammybe the regulation comes so far EU and replaces all national data protection laws and regulations also the data protection explanations become longer the more one has external things. It can be said that the privacy statement on some websites will be the page with the most text. A small overview of everything that can be included depending on the website in a privacy policy: General Privacy Policy, Cookies, Server Log Files, Contact Form, Newsletters, Google Analytics, Google Analytics Order Data Processing, Google Analytics IP Anonymization, Demographics on Google Analytics, Etracker, Piwik, Wordpress Stats, eRecht24 Safe Sharing Tool, Facebook, Facebook Pixel, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google Web Fonts, SoundCloud, Spotify, Maps, Xing, Tumblr, YouTube, Google AdSense, Google Analytics Remarketing, Google AdWords, Google Conversion Tracking, Amazon Affiliate Program, User Registration, Comments , Comment function with details of the e-mail address, comment function with storage of the IP address, comment function with subscribing to comments, SSL encryption of the website, privacy policy for the processing of customer and contract data, data transmission - online shops & merchants (with goods dispatch ), Data transmission - service providers who conclude contracts online (excl sand), encrypted payment transactions, information on cancellation, deletion, blocking, opposition to advertising e-mails. greeting optimistdd

2018/1/25 22:00:17
Home away from home

Ok please download and test this version:

• Fixes encoding problem with umlauts in title (I cannot find any encoding problem with the message body).
  • Adds a privacy policy checkbox that blocks submission until checked.
  • You will need to translate the Javascript alert messages into German (see top of /templates/contact_message.html).

I ended up having to build a manual template. It works but it is basically a hack and I do not feel happy with it. Anyway, if you want to change the look of the form work directly on the contact_message template.

2018/1/27 2:11:35
Just popping in

Hello Madfish,
Thank you very much for your efforts. The module works great and helps me on. Where now the problem lies with the coding of the description_tarea lies one must observe.
greeting optimistdd
translated with Google

2018/1/29 6:24:24
Home away from home

I have not been able to find any problem with encoding in the description field. However, I have added:

• An accept-charset=utf-8 attribute to the form (will only work on html5 though).
  • Specified utf-8 as the output encoding in mail().

I hope that fixes it, please test this version of the module

2018/2/24 2:23:35
Just popping in

Hello Madfish,
Thank you for your efforts. I think I found the problem. It is the HTMLPurifier. If I turn off the HTMLPurifier all umlauts are displayed correctly. But in some places the br tags are inserted again, which leads to ugly effects.
Greetings optimistdd

translated with Google

2018/2/24 3:20:40
Home away from home

The linebreaks issue might be a problem with the old default DHTML editor, we have had a problem with it in another thread. Using a HTML editir might fix that if you don't mind receiving HTML email. I think can change it easily as have looked at it before. I'm travelling but will look in a couple if days when I get back (and hopefully have a new laptop!).

HTMLPurifier problem seems strange. Pretty sure it uses UTF-8 by default, so there must still be mis-encoding being fed into it. Will have another look.

Reply New Topic extras
 Previous Topic   Next Topic
You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.