Fork me on GitHub
Reply New Topic
2019/4/10 19:51:36
Home away from home

MVC architecture, routers and other stuff

I've been looking into the MVC pattern, and came across a programming blog that has some very interesting articles about MVC and a couple of its descendants - MVVM and MVVMC. Also has some cool stuff about how to build a front end controller to handle routing.

https://r.je/

It took me a few reads to get my head around it. I thought I had been doing MVC, but it turns out not in a very strict sense. Anyway, I'm trying to build something using a front controller and the MVVMC pattern, which is basically MVC except the view gets split into two components (a view plus a 'viewmodel') to decouple the view from the model and allow each component to be substituted or re-used. Together with the front end controller/router it gives you a lot of flexibility.

Worth a read if you have time (see the section 'MVC Related Articles').

2019/4/11 2:31:10
Webmaster

Re: MVC architecture, routers and other stuff

I have already come across Tom Butler's articles (hard to forget him, with his exuberant hairstyle profile photo ) and he has some very interesting points, yes. I admit I'm also no rockstar developer in PHP to be able to follow the entire reasoning in 1 go. Some kind of url routing would be interesting to have in ImpressCMS2 (2.0 or a later iteration), for a start.

Me on Ohloh

Reply New Topic extras
 Previous Topic   Next Topic
You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.