Fork me on GitHub
Reply New Topic
2017/10/1 10:48:50
Just popping in

Module blocks design info list

Can any one tell for module blocks in general if it is 1) possible to choose 1 or 2 col view? 2) If the fact from #1 is shown in block preferences? Just a thought.... Is there a complete blocks list somewere with layout-info like 1, 2 kol, text limits etc. With such a list a site can be pre-planned also away from computers. Greetings! .

2017/10/1 23:36:32
Home away from home

Re: Module blocks design info list

I think I remember seeing blocks with multi-column layout before, but I can't remember which ones. Might have been the old Spotlight module, or perhaps the old News module. It's not a common feature though. You could probably hack a block to do it by adding a couple more options in the block information section of icms_version.php (number of columns, length), adjusting the block function to slice the text into the number of columns you wanted, and modifying the template layout for that block.

2017/10/10 9:30:00
Just popping in

Im have been on web since -90 but still a user. I manage some html at dummies-level and manage a css sometimes. I try to get something up as a start.

2017/10/11 6:31:03
Webmaster

Blocks are handled by their own template, so in theory it's easy to make blocks in multi-columns. The thing is that the blocks exist within the canvas of the theme, and if you place your block in a part of your theme that isn't very wide, the block will be shown inside that space.

Me on Ohloh

Reply New Topic extras
 Previous Topic   Next Topic

Account*
Name   Password   

url email imgsrc image php hide code quote
SAMPLE
alignleft aligncenter alignright bold italic underline linethrough   

[more...]
Confirmation Code*
  The code is case-insensitive  Click the image for a new code. | Maximum attempts: 8
You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.