Reply New Topic
2013/5/1 14:55:08
Webmaster

2.0 Alpha2 problem on windows after install

I just installed the ImpressCMS 2.0 alpha 2 test archive, and the instalation procedure went well. When I want to go to my site though, I get a nice white screen.

After some investigation, I found out that the XOOPS_TRUSTPATH constant in mainfile.php contained paths with double slashes (//).

Converting the double slashes to single ones fixed the problem.

Me on Ohloh

2013/5/2 21:21:23
Home away from home

Re: 2.0 Alpha2 problem on windows after install

I'm not sure why this has crept up - the installer has not changed, yet and has been working in a lot of environments.

David and I chatted about this today and we're looking for the key factor in why this happened on his system (Windows, PHP 5.3.x). I need to know if this was just the trustpath, or also the rootpath and root url - they're all written in the same routine.

The installer is undergoing a complete rewrite that will be part of 2.0, so this may not get a lot of attention. But, we'll get a better understanding of the various things to look for during an installation, especially with newer versions of PHP.

2013/5/3 10:36:43
Home away from home

On different Linux servers I have done three installations and all was fine. Windows server issue?

2013/5/6 16:43:32
Home away from home

I have installed on a Windows environment and the paths were saved correctly. I am even using PHP 5.4 in that environment. (worked in the PHP 5.3 environment on Windows, too).

Reply New Topic extras
 Previous Topic   Next Topic
You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.