Reply New Topic
2010/12/7 21:05:05
Home away from home

The Move to 1.3 Alpha 1: Getting Ready to Test

We've finally reached the point where I've been able to completely remove the class/ and kernel/ folders and still been able to install and run the core. There are a few tasks (and they aren't necessary small tasks) remaining before we can move this to beta.

Because of the sweeping changes to the core, the alpha phase is all about the API - we're movimg functions, changing classes, moving files - and instead of this phase being about introducing new features, it's about stabilizing our methodology. There will be no other features introduced in 1.3 that aren't already there, but the new features introduced are open for refining (the quick search help feature in admin and the admin organization)

This first alpha is just about the trunk - no other modules!!! There are bound to be bugs, definitely some error and warning messages, but that is not the focus of the upcoming release. The Number 1 question is 'Basically, does it work?' Do all the pages load? Can you successfully make changes to settings? Can you register new users? Does it run on PHP 5.2 and 5.3?

If you can, get the latest release (1.2.3) and remove the Profile and Content modules before you do a fresh installation. Then, when we've created packages for 1.3 alpha 1, install that in a separate directory on your server. Turn on debug and run them side by side - look at the number of queries, the amount of memory used and the number of files included (this one isn't as critical). Look for any functionality differences between them.

Every release, including this on, should have benefits for the end user, the administrator and the developer - as you play with the alpha release, put yourself in each of those roles and see what benefits you find.

Look through the blog posts for some of the details about the changes under the hood, but also for some of the benefits we're hoping to gain.

I'm excited! Are you?

2010/12/8 0:54:50
Home away from home

Re: The Move to 1.3 Alpha 1: Getting Ready to Test

Definately

I'll be making an install as soon as I can under 5.3 and seeing how I can contribute on that side

2010/12/9 0:29:33
Webmaster

Great news!

I'm excited too. I'll try to have an installation with both 1.2.3 and 1.3 trunk installed.

Me on Ohloh

2010/12/9 23:03:03
Home away from home

Trouble with protector in Rev.20504

ImpressCMS 1.3 trunk installed the protector fine, after them I checked the Security Advisory in the module. You can find some "Not secure".

I copied the protector.php to plugins/preloads, after them you get an error
Quote:

Fatal error: Declaration of ProtectorMySQLDatabase::query() must be compatible with that of icms_db_legacy_IDatabase::query() in xx\trust\modules\protector\class\ProtectorMysqlDatabase.class.php on line 4

And please, make sure that the installer copied the .htaccess from the installer to the trust-path, thats very important for the module.

The .htaccess is at the moment in our SVN not available.

order deny,allow deny from all

And the last one for today: You can not upload a picture in the image-manager. I dont find the button, its blank only

Thank you very much for the 1.3, this version is faster then fast. Great work!

Attach file:

jpg  icms-trunk-image-manager-upload.jpg (30.14 KB)
10_4d01d2a6cc1e0.jpg 756X254 px

2010/12/10 6:12:42
Home away from home

As Steve already mentioned, the current trunk doesn't focus on modules. It's about the core ONLY! Protector will work with 1.3 final, that's all you need to know right now .
Until then, please only concentrate on core issues.

2010/12/10 8:44:05
Home away from home

Thanks for testing and giving us feedback, rene.

Question for the devs - since when are we not putting the protector preload in the plugins/preloads directory during install?

About the htaccess file - if the trust path is outside the web root, the htaccess doesn't have any effect, does it? It's only if you trust path is inside the web root you need to be more concerned.

The db error is because we have tightened the class structure of the db layer. All the child classes must adhere to the declarations in the interface and abstract parent classes. For this particular error, remove the & in the declaration of the query method in the protector file mentioned

We'll have a look at the imagemanager form

2010/12/10 12:25:03
Home away from home

Quote:

About the htaccess file - if the trust path is outside the web root, the htaccess doesn't have any effect, does it? It's only if you trust path is inside the web root you need to be more concerned.

correct :)

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together!

2010/12/11 4:32:52
Home away from home

Hope this question is okay in this thread...

Can someone say something on ImpressCMS 1.3 compatibility /compliance to earlier iCMS 1.2.3 used themes and modules?

/justa

2010/12/11 8:02:13
Home away from home

They will all be working.

2010/12/12 7:00:24
Home away from home

This has been stated elsewhere (read the comments) - but to confirm it here, as Phoenyx states

Quote:

by phoenyx on 2010/12/11 14:02:13

They will all be working.

2010/12/14 4:07:07
Home away from home

One more improvement suggestion.

after the installation we check the "installer", "mainfile" as well, but not the email-configuration. We should add this too.

If we don't this, the register mail can not sent to the user and maybe the admin received info-mails.

I think it's an important thing to improve.

2010/12/14 19:07:27
Home away from home

Please add this to the feature requests and we'll address it in another release

2010/12/15 0:07:51
Home away from home

done https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/impresscms/ticket/620

Edit: I think we can improve this function into 1.3, because we dont have a BETA and in this way no code freeze.

2010/12/15 8:41:04
Home away from home

There will be no new features in 1.3 . That's why Steve said that it will be for a future release.

2010/12/16 9:36:52
Home away from home

Testing 1.2.3 and 1.3; same server and both fresh install: queries and time load for 1.3 are the half doing anything.
Great work! and I love Reflex theme (thanks Will)
I will continue the tests on 1.3 searching bugs.

2010/12/19 21:08:03
Home away from home

I know about the test from the 1.3 trunk, you likes tests with the core only, but the latest revision from today will not install modules with the installer.

Quote:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Handler does not exist
Module: banners
Name: banner
Backtrace:
/include/functions.php (2100)
/libraries/icms/db/legacy/updater/Handler.php (252)
/libraries/icms/db/legacy/updater/Handler.php (192)
/libraries/icms/db/legacy/updater/Handler.php (425)
/install/modulesadmin.php (393)
/install/page_modulesinstall.php (64)

Edit: The latest lines from error (Backtrace) are in white color and the background has the white color too. Normally you can`t see the completely error.

Edit2: I have a fresh-install from the trunk version. After them I doing a update from the System-Module and can find a Warning:
Quote:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /libraries/icms/ipf/Handler.php line 667

2010/12/20 1:33:27
Home away from home

Thank you for the report. Both things are core related and therefore we can work on them now .

The first one is actually related to some cleanup in the autoloader, the second one to an improvement I've added yesterday. I didn't notice that the default value for a variable is FALSE instead of array() what it should be to work.

I'm responsible for the two issues mentioned above and I'll sort them out.

2010/12/20 7:10:35
Home away from home

Solved in [20584].

Reply New Topic extras
 Previous Topic   Next Topic
You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.