Reply New Topic
2015/8/17 19:54:34
Home away from home

Re: So I bought a couple of mechanical keyboards...

I think I like the CM Storm Rapid-i slightly better, but really they are very similar in construction quality and you'll be happy with either of them (you could beat off a zombie attack with these things, they are that solid).

For programming or slow typing, I would say get brown switches (like a blue but without the noise). If you want a keyboard to do fast typing or a bit of everything (especially gaming) red switches are easier on the fingers.

There is also a CM Storm Rapid, which doesn't have LEDs under the keys (which makes it a lot cheaper). You don't need LEDs, but if you do get them pick white ones - it does help to highlight the lettering on the keyboard without being obtrusive. My Ducky has blue LEDs and I find them hard to look at / a bit annoying so I just turn them off.

If you do get a mechanical keyboard I suggest to make sure it comes with Cherry switches. Apparently the patent recently expired so a lot of inferior copies are starting to appear - from what I've read they don't have the same quality control so the force needed to actuate each key varies a bit, which can be annoying.

Subject Poster Date
     So I bought a couple of mechanical keyboards... Madfish 2015/8/17 4:38:41
       Re: So I bought a couple of mechanical keyboards... fiammybe 2015/8/17 4:50:05
         Re: So I bought a couple of mechanical keyboards... Madfish 2015/8/17 19:54:34
           Re: So I bought a couple of mechanical keyboards... david 2015/8/27 14:52:29
Reply New Topic extras
 Previous Topic   Next Topic
You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.