- Posted by fiammybe
- Posted on 26/4/2018
ImpressCMS 2.0.0 Alpha 7 is available for testing, one month after the previous release.
This Alpha 7 comes more or less a month after alpha6, and quite a few changes have been implemented now.
- caching for objects is now available
- we now use a more flexible filesystem
- the old and obsolete FCKEditor was removed
- we cleaned up our code files on some points (more to come in the future)
In order to run this version, you will need
- an Apache web server (2.4) with mod_rewrite enabled
- PHP 5.6+, we recommend PHP 7.1 - the 7.2 issues should be resolved, but more tests are needed (anyone?)
- composer installed on the machine
How to install:
- Unzip in a folder above your htdocs folder (ImpressCMS now places many files outside of the htdocs folder that is acessible from the internet, for security reasons.
- run 'composer update' in the htdocs folder
- go to your htdocs folder, and start the installation program.